When companies excel at lead nurturing, they generate up to 50 percent more sales leads than those that do not. They also generate these leads at 33 percent less per lead.
Before you can level up your lead nurturing process and start experiencing these benefits, you first need to have a good lead generation strategy in place. The right WordPress opt-in plugin or WordPress lead generation plugin can help you to establish this.
Not sure which plugin you ought to start using? Read on to learn about some of the best WordPress lead capture plugins that are available today.
Why Use a Lead Capture Plugin?
Do you have to use an email capture plugin as part of your lead generation strategy? Technically, no. Why wouldn’t you want to use one, though?
There are lots of reasons to use these plugins, including the following:
Catch People’s Attention
Most email marketing services have features that allow you to create lead capture forms for your website. The problem with these features, though, is that they’re fairly limited and don’t provide you with a lot of creative freedom. When you use a good lead capture plugin, you’ll have an easier time creating a form that catches people’s attention and appeals to your target audience.
Grow Your Audience
When you can appeal to your target audience and get them to sign up for your email list, you’ll have an easier time growing your customer base and sustaining that growth long-term. This, in turn, increases your opportunity to close deals, make sales, and boost your bottom line.
Enjoy Lots of Options
The best lead capture plugins offer lots of different opt-in types. From floating bars to scroll boxes, there are tons of styles for you to choose from.
Target the Right People
You can also tailor your lead capture forms so that they target the right people. If you’re trying to appeal to a specific type of person and get them to sign up for your email list, you can set up your form so that it presents itself in a way that is most likely to get them interested.
Easily Integrate with Your Website
The best WordPress lead generation plugins will integrate seamlessly with your website. You won’t have to do a ton of work on the backend to set them up, and you also won’t have to worry about your site slowing down or experiencing glitches once the plugin is installed.
Essentials of a Good Lead Capture Plugin
Okay, you can see why incorporating a lead capture plugin into your website design can help you to optimize your website and get more people to sign up for your email list.
What should you be looking for in a good plugin, though? What essential features do you need to make sure your plugin has?
Listed below are some essential elements that the best WordPress lead form plugins all share. Be sure to keep these in mind as you start your search:
Multiple Form Types
Look for a plugin that allows you to choose from multiple form types. Make sure it allows you to decide between options like popups, floating bars, and slide-ins so you can select the right style of form for your specific needs and goals.
Multiple Targeting Options
In addition to multiple form types, there should also be plenty of options for you to target your audience. Look for a plugin that helps you to personalize your forms to different website visitors and target repeat visitors with unique promotions and offers. This kind of customization will help you to see better results from your lead generation strategy and have an easier time nurturing leads to convert them into paying customers.
The ability to access your analytics and make adjustments accordingly will help you to set your business up for long-term growth and success. When you’re searching for plugins, choose one that provides you with plenty of data on your lead capture form’s effectiveness.
Try to find one that allows you to conduct A/B testing, too. That way, you can compare different styles of forms to see which one works better and appeals more to your target audience.
Always read reviews on different plugins before you make a final decision. If you take the time to read reviews, you can save yourself a lot of stress and headaches later on by avoiding problematic plugins that are more trouble than they’re worth. Reviews can help you narrow down your options so you’re not overwhelmed by having too many choices, too.
Finally, take note of the price. Great WordPress lead generations plugins often aren’t free. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend an arm and a leg.
There are plenty of affordable, fairly priced plugins that you can purchase for your WordPress site. Just take note of the cost when you’re creating a list of possibilities so that you’re not hit with an unpleasant surprise when you go to make a final purchase.
Best WordPress Lead Capture Plugins
Okay, you know what to look for in the best WordPress lead plugins. To further narrow down your search, we’ve also included a list of some top picks that you might want to check out first:
OptinMonster is one of the top lead generation plugins that you can use for your WordPress site. Lots of websites currently use it to grow their email list and increase their conversion rates, and you might want to do so as well.
OptinMonster has a lot going for it, including the following features:
- Multiple form types: Choose from popups, countdown timers, fullscreen overlays, floating bars, slide-ins, and many others
- Exit-intent technology: OptinMonster uses unique technology so you can recover abandoning visitors and encourage them to subscribe to your list
- Page-level targeting: This feature makes it easy for you to segment your email list and create campaigns specific to these different segments
- A/B testing: OptinMonster offers A/B testing capabilities and analytics to help you measure performance
When it comes to price, OptinMonster is quite affordable, too. The basic plan costs just $9 per month.
WPForms is an effective, easy-to-use plugin that helps you to create all kinds of forms, including lead capture forms, surveys, order forms, and more.
The following are some of WPForms‘ top features:
- One of the most beginner-friendly WordPress lead capture plugins that will allow you to drag and drop to build a form that works for your goals
- Instant notifications that help you to follow up with leads right away and begin the lead nurturing process, which boosts engagements and increases the likelihood that you’ll actually convert folks to paying customers
- Email marketing integration that makes it easy for you to integrate WPForms with your email marketing provider for a seamless setup
WPForms is also a very affordable plugin option. The basic plan starts at $39 per year.
SeedProd makes it easy for you to create attractive, well-designed pages in just a few minutes. It’s especially beneficial for those who are in the process of building their website but still want to start collecting email addresses for the list.
Using SeedProd, you can put together a “coming soon” or “maintenance mode” page that also features a place for folks to sign up for your list or follow you on social media. It offers a variety of exciting features, including these:
- Access over 50 pre-made themes, over 500,000 background images, and over 750 different Google fonts. to put together a page that’s unique to your business
- Smoothly integrates with a variety of email service providers
- Social sharing options to encourage people to follow your brand on social media
SeedProd won’t break the bank either. The basic plan starts at $29.60 per year.
Bloom is one of the most well-designed, eye-catching lead capture plugins available on the market today. You can use it to create all kinds of lead generation forms, and it offers a wide range of features, including the following:
- Unique, elegant themes
- A variety of opt-in form displays, including automatic pop-ups, fly-ins, and unlock content opt-ins
- A variety of trigger options, including timed delays and scroll-to-reveal styles
- 16 different email marketing integrations
Bloom is a bit more expensive than some other WordPress lead capture plugins. It costs $89 per year, but many users find the extra price is worth it since they get access to so many different themes.
Holler Box is an effective WordPress lead generation tool that even comes with a free option for entrepreneurs who are working with a limited budget. In addition to being affordable, Holler Box also offers plenty of great features, including these:
- Access to conversion rate analytics
- Create a variety of pop-ups, including lead capture forms, announcement pop-ups, and more
- Sleek, simple, and fully customizable forms to meet your specific business needs
- Email chat capture feature to easily connect and engage with customers
If you want more than what the free version of Holler Box can offer, you can sign up for the Pro version, which includes additional features like FOMO opt-ins and support for additional sites. This version costs between $79 and $99 per year.
Elementor Popup Builder
Elementor Popup Builder is an all-in-one plugin that allows you to create popups using a simple drag and drop process. You can also use it to design themes and build landing pages.
This plugin integrates with WordPress and allows you to create popups for all of your site’s pages, even those that weren’t created using Elementor. It allows you to incorporate content from your site (images, posts, etc.) into your popups, too.
Some additional features that Elementor offers include the following:
- Over 100 designer-made templates
- One interface for easy designing and integration
- Simple set up with no need to install over plugins
- No limits on pageviews, websites, or pop-ups
- Advanced targeting options, including page-based targeting, visitor-based targeting, and behavior-driven targeting
- Responsive design editing
- Email marketing integrations for a variety of popular services, including MailChimp and ConvertKit
Elementor is one of the more affordable WordPress lead generation plugins, too, coming in at a mere $49 per year.
For building your email list, Thrive Leads is one of the best options you can purchase for your WordPress site. It’s an effective all-in-one solution that allows you to create tons of different pop-ups, including sticky ribbons, slide-in forms, inline forms, and lightbox pop-ups.
Thrive Leads offers plenty of other features, too, including these:
- Drag and drog editing
- A/B testing capabilities
- Advanced targeting options
- Smartlinks to provide existing subscribers with new content
- Various themed templates
- Reporting dashboard for easy access to essential data
- Email marketing integration
This plugin costs $67 per site. This price includes lifetime updates as well as 12 months of support. It’s part of the Thrive Themes Membership, which costs $19 per month (must be paid annually).
WP Notification Bar
If you’re looking for a good WordPress lead capture plugin that works well with your existing website design, WP Notification Bar is another excellent option. This simple, streamlined plugin isn’t as fancy as some of the other options listed above, but it still provides you with everything you need to grow your email list and increase your social media following.
The following are some of the best features that this plugin boasts:
- 14 different color schemes
- Color editing capabilities
- Various notification bar options (post content, subscribe box, social media follow, countdown timers, etc.
- Option to display or exclude notification bars from certain pages or from certain visitors
- Connect to 18 different social networks
- Custom HTML support
This plugin also costs just $19 for one site.
Update Your WordPress Lead Generation Strategy Today
When it comes to WordPress lead capture, there are tons of great plugins you can use to streamline the process and generate more leads for your business. Keep the plugins listed above in mind as you start your search and you’ll have no trouble finding the best one for your site.
Do you need more help in updating and improving your WordPress site? Do you want to design a new site from scratch? Either way, we’re here to assist. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to get a free quote.